Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Thinking....

I was reading a post in a blog from another member of a crossstitch board I read, and it started me to thinking. It was about temporary friends. I've had a lot of those. And I (much like the writer of the original post) tend to wonder what's wrong with me that people keep drifting away. I've come to the conclusion that it's not me. It's the fact that as close as we seem to get on others from the internet, we never truely know them. It's always easier to walk away from something that isn't in the physical world. It still hurts when it happens though. When I was young, my mom always used to tell me, "If they don't like you it's their loss." I always dismissed that as it was just mom drivel, but the older I get the more it strikes home. I am a nice person, with a worthwhile point of view. If someone doesn't want my friendship, that's fine. I do have friends who value me, I have a husband who adores me, and I'm pretty sure my two year old thinks I'm a god :) So I'm ok, you're ok, we're all ok!

No comments: