Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Now I'm frightened...

I just got back from my Great Books class, and now I'm frightened...The professor has been teaching at the University since 1968. When you do the math...that's ten years before I was born. He just radiates intelligence, and intimidates the hell outta me =) I keep telling myself that if I wasn't qualified to be in the class, I wouldn't have been allowed to take it, but lemme tell ya I am frightened! Well that and the fact that a major chunk of my grade is based on a presentation. I *hate* standing in front of groups to speak. I can do one on one relatively well, but large groups terrify me. I can feel my whole face flush and I tend to stutter when I get really nervous. I tried taking Drama in high school, hoping it would help. It didn't really. When I was acting, it's like I was that character, so if the character embarrased themselves, it wasn't me. (how crazy is that?) Any encouragement would be greatly appreciated =)

No comments: