Monday, January 12, 2004

A schooling I will go :)

Well it's back to school time! Oddly enough (especially for a girl who goofed off as much as I did in high school!) I'm really happy. I only have one class for Mondays and Wednesdays, and it was the one I was dreading the most: Quantitative Methods in Psychology. How's that for intimidating? The professor is a masters probably going for her PHD., I think she's a first year too. She seems like a meek, shy churchmouse :) She only kept us for 15 minutes, to go over the syllabus, and said that most (if not all) the tests would be open book (yay!!) I think I'll enjoy her teaching, especially since I tend to be meek and shy with people I don't know either. So as usual, the class I was dreading the most, doesn't seem that bad. Now let's see how the class I'm looking forward to the most goes =) It starts tomorrow, and is called Great Books. I thought I would enjoy it because I devour books. My mom threatened to stop buying me books when I was 10 because I would read the whole thing in one sitting! I only hope that I can pass my love of reading on to my son. It has been such an important part of my life! It has helped me to escape, to dream and to reach for things I never thought possible. I don't think it will be a problem, as everyone on my side of the family loves reading. My DH isn't a big reader, but he agrees that it's something that is very important, and I know he will support me on this. In other news, I am trying to teach myself HTML. This excites DH to no end =) His passion is all that is computers, and I have never really shown a huge interest in it before. I told him that I found a primer on the web and he wanted to hand me his HTML Bible! I had to convince him that it would be slow going, especially with school starting again. It started because he bought me a domain. You can see its first pitiful incarnation here: . Very boring. I want to make both that and my blog more interesting, so it makes sense to have a basic knowledge of HTML. That and maybe if I can make an interesting website I can convince the hubby that I *need* a digi camera =) I make it sound like I need his permission, which isn't really true because I'm the family accountant, but it's always good to give him the illusion of control ;) (Just Kidding honey!!)

No comments: