Friday, May 26, 2006

In which all my well laid plans go to poop...

I was going to be organized. Honest I was. I had lists, beautiful lists. I forgot the lists at work. I was going to have a spotless house to return to after our mini vacation. My house is anything but spotless. All of the clothes we will be wearing are now either in a laundry basket waiting to be washed or in the washer currently. My name is Bee, and I'm a procrastinator.

I actually bought a book called Procrastination For Dummies. I've never finished it. For some reason my mother finds this highly amusing. I'm afraid I may have done something that will peeve my mom. My mom is the queen of e-mail forwards. If she gets a forward, no matter how insipid, inane, stupid, she will forward it on. Most of the time they are cute little jokes. Well Thursday she send me a forward about the Iraqi conflict. Something about how it's not as bad as the 'liberal media' has made it out to be. It stated that during the course of the 'official' war, there were only 35 deaths. I couldn't help myself. I sat down last night and found three different websites, with some very different statistics. I sent them back to her and explained that while I support the troops, I don't support killing them for someone else's political agenda. Hindsight is telling me that I should have applied the old adage of not discussing religion and politics. I should have deleted the e-mail and just forgotten about it. The thing is, she was off work today so she won't see it until Tuesday. She may just brush it off and ignore it, like she does most of my opinions. Ah well I guess it's too late to worry about it now.

I finished Inkheart. It was good, though surprisingly dark for a children's book. I had a hard time losing myself in the story, but that might be due to some of the language idiosyncrasies. Maybe some of the translations aren't as flowing as in the native German. It had a preview of the next in the series, Inkspell, and I am really looking forward to getting that. In the meantime I've started the second book in the Bartimaus trilogy. I'm only 5 or 6 chapters in, and it seems better than the first one so far. Although Nathaniel still seems to be lacking in any sympathetic qualities. I kinda want him to be squished like the little pompous bug he's been acting like. I'm going to take my Villa Mirabilia with me this weekend, maybe I'll be able to get some good time in on it.

And to end on a happy note: my boss is on vacation all next week. Yay!! It's been a while since either one of us has been on vacation, and it will be nice to have a break. Ever since she looked at me and asked, "Are you pregnant again?" I've been looking forward to some time without pointed references to my reproductive system.

No comments: