Sunday, August 01, 2004

Insomnia Musings

What's the worst thing that you have ever done? Alternatively, what's the worst thing that's ever happened to you? From Random Acts of Journaling - see Meme List.

What's the worst thing I've ever done? I think the worst thing would be not being completely honest with my friends. For example, when I was in Chicago, I would choose which person I would rather hang out with and ignore the other one. I know this doesn't sound completely horrible, but in a way it's like cheating on your spouse. Say you have a really good friend who has gone out of his/her way to help you, but wants to just hang out. On the other hand you have a flashy, fair weather friend who wants to do something exciting. So you dump the friend who has been with you through thick and thin, and go for flashy non-substenence. I could chalk it up to being young, but I'd rather chalk it up to being stupid and mean spirited. I hope I've grown from that point. (I also shoplifted when I was 10, and tried pot once, unlike Clinton I did inhale and wasn't impressed)

The worst thing that ever happened to me....I was molested as a child by my best friends father. Although that was terrible, I did the worst thing to myself, I didn't tell anyone. I finally told my mom when I was 16, and my dad doesn't know to this day. In some odd way I thought I was protecting my family, when looking back this creep could have gone on to hurt so many other little girls, all because I was frightened. Ok, this was supposed to be enlightening, yet has turned out to be terribly depressing. Off to mindlessly surf....

No comments: