Monday, July 26, 2004

School and such...

Some quick 'and such' stuff.... I looked at the calander and figured I am considered 'full term' on October 8th (or 10th) depending on the day you believe.  It's kind of scary how fast this is going.  A part of me is so excited to have another child and another part of me is screaming that I'm a raving lunatic and there's no way I can handle another child.  I keep trying to tell the second part it's a little late to be worrying about that but I'm not listening to me.  On the school side, I've made a semi-important decision.  As I'm on the path for a degree in Psychology, I realized this little pipe dream is completely dependant upon me getting into grad school at my current university.  You see, I'm not the bread winner of the family.  That and the fact that I do have a family and by the time I'm getting into grad school one, if not both of my sons will be in school.  It's not feasible for me to whisk the whole family to wherever I happen to get accepted.  So what I've come up with is to use my 'extra' credit hours to pick up Philosophy and criminal justice classes, and when it comes time to apply to grad school I'll apply to both the Psych programs and the Law school at the other University near me.  (the law school is actually closer to my house than my current university and is very highly rated.)  I hope by diversifying my interests (while still getting my Psych BA) I'll at least get into one of the programs.  Everyone I've discussed this with thinks I'll be an excellent lawyer (I'm not sure if I should be insulted by this...)  At this point, the only thing I care about is that I get a job that pays me buttloads of money.  (yes I just used buttloads in a sentence)  That may be the greedy capitalist side of me coming out, but tough noogies.  I've looked at the amount of student loans I've amassed in just one year of school (I could get a decent car with that!!)  and see how my family is struggling because of me doing this, and figure I might as well go for the 'big' payoff at the end.  Law or Doctor..... either one works.  There's another plus side to law school, it's only 3-4 additional years, compared to earning a masters and then a doctorate for psychology.  That and I'll still get a nifty title to add to my name =)

No comments: