Thursday, January 08, 2004

Blah...

I'm in kind of a blah mood today. Not really good, not really bad, just there... Obviously I haven't figured out the comments thingy, oh well. Maybe I'll see if my DH can figure it out. On the up side, I found my Rush C.D.'s and am listening blissfully to Hemispheres as I type :) I was talking with DH last night and reminiscing about my 'wild' single days. Granted I was never really wild, unless you compare it to my stay at home mom existence now. I remember my best friend and I going out to the bars every Saturday and listening to cover bands :) Some great, some ok (but cute enough to make up for their mediocrity!) A large part of me misses those days, yet I still realize that it wouldn't be the same if I went back. I mean, none of us are single anymore, a couple of us have kids. I would like to be closer to them again. We don't know anyone here except my family. Neither DH or myself are good at making friends :) I love being close to my mom though. It's great for DS, and she is one of my best friends. It's funny, we never really fought like I've heard that mothers and daughters do. When I was in the 'wild' days, she even came down and went out with me and my best friend. I suppose that's enough living in the past for one day :) I'm going to go back to my stitching. I told DH last night that it figures I wouldn't get into a stitching mood until right before school starts :P I'm working on Sweet Dreams by Lavender and Lace, and it's sooooo pretty :) Have a great day!

No comments: